Thursday, 3 February 2011

Back to Black (well brunette anyway)

Despite my bleach addiction since the age of 17, I have decided that it's time to go back to my natural colour. The reason behind my decided to take this sudden course of action? This picture from my birthday last weekend.

Note the smile on my face as I recreate the "bend and snap" scene from Legally Blonde. What I fail to realise is that my roots give me a certain brown halo, not a classy look.

As soon as I saw that picture, I emailed my hairdresser. She's been colouring my hair for over a decade now and she knows how much I love a bit of bleach, so was pretty surprised. The colour will take time to build up, so I'm going to have to be patient as it will take four trips for it to get to a beautiful, rich dark brown colour.

There may be one stumbling block, my hair is depressingly thin and the risk with dark hair is that my scalp will show up more making me look like I have even less hair than I have. We're going to have to wait and see what happens.

I've always loved being a blonde but I have to say I won't miss the dry ends and I especially won't miss my brown halo.

Pictures will be up on Saturday ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment