Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Birthdays, Frying Pans and Elemis

Last week it was my birthday but given that I am now firmly into my thirties, celebrating on a school night makes for a guaranteed hangover. Instead, I opted for the much more sensible option of partying on the weekend to give me a day to recover.

I have to say that presents wise I was really spoilt by all my friends, well apart from Verity who had accidentally left my present up in Nottingham so she was punished accordingly:



So anyway, I thought I'd work my way through reviewing my gifts, we'll start with one from the other half. Now at the beginning of December we'd had a romantic weekend at one of the Bannatyne spas, we treated ourselves to a fantastic and very relaxing hot stone massage. Whilst sat in the reception, sipping water afterwards I happened to mention how much I love the Elemis products.

Now imagine my shock and horror, when last week I unwrapped the Elemis Exotic Spa Secrets gift set. Shock: because he had actually listened to something I had said to him, which as all girls know is a rarity amongst men and Horror: because he had listened to what I had said and actually thought about putting it to good use!



The set is in a beautiful red velvety gift box and includes:
  • 400ml Skin Nourishing Milk Bath
  • 200ml Exotic Frangipani Monoi Bath and Shower Cream
  • 100ml Exotic Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt

I know it's rude to look up the value of gift but this is for review purposes. We'll start with the Milk Bath, this isn't cheap at £39 for 400ml but given that one cap full was enough for a bath full, the bottle will last a very long time.

The product looks like milk and the fragrance, although similar to milk, is somehow so much better. This is a bath soak so does not create bubbles, in the bath the water feels really silky on your skin and when I got out of the bath, my skin felt so soft I could have gotten away without using a moisturiser. In summary, better on my skin than any other bath product I have come across.

Next the Exotic Frangipani Monoi Bath and Shower Cream at £20.50 for 200ml. The product is slightly thicker than a moisturiser, on application a thin layer remains on the skin rather than sinking in and the product does not lather up at all. The fragrance in the tube and on application is divine, sweet and floral but the scent doesn't last on the skin at all. Also, as a final side note on this product, I just didn't really feel like I had had a good wash after using it if that makes sense. So it's a thumbs down for this one, £20.50 I don't think so.

And finally, the Exotic Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt at £29 for 100ml. You immerse the bottle in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to make the product into it's oil like consistency. Once you are out of the bath or shower, you apply the pol to damp skin. The oil comes out of the bottle in droplets, so it's really easy to take out just the right amount and not waste any. A few drops of the oil seems to go a long way, so the bottle will last a long time.

The oil smells gorgeous, slightly coconutty with a hint of the Frangipani flower. The scent lingered on my skin but wasn't overpowering. The oil sinks into the skin very quickly so doesn't leave you feeling greasy. A really fantastic product, pricey but the length of time the bottle will last outweighs this.


No comments:

Post a Comment