Thursday, 3 March 2011

Drink Anyone?

I had a bit of a Lush splurge on Sunday and had heard lots about their Skin Drink moisturiser, so I decided to give it a try since my skin has been looking a bit dull of late (probably due to not enough water and too much vino)!

£10.95 buys you a 45g tub, which isn't the best price in the world and I did think twice when I picked it up in the store but as I found out, a little really does go a long way.

It includes Evening Primrose Oil which is already widely recognised as having properties that assist with the regeneration of skin and improve its texture. The other ingredients also make you think immediately of good moisturising properties, and the rose petal infusion is a soothing addition.

Since I'm always in a rush in the mornings, I always like to try out new products in the evening when I don't run the risk of any skincare disasters.
Upon application, any tightness in my skin was instantly relieved and my skin instantly felt refreshed.  The texture is quite greasy and it took a while for my skin to absorb, that being said this moisturiser is intended for dry skin whereas my skin is combination.

I left this on my skin overnight and when I woke up this morning I was more than impressed with the results.  My skin feels really smooth and soft which means my foundation glided on evenly this morning.

This product really is a miracle worker and gives noticeable results overnight.  I will be adding this to my staple skincare regime but will be using this as an overnight treatment as opposed to a daytime moisturiser as I think if I applied any foundation over it, it would slip right off.  As an added zing to tired, tight skin you could might want to keep it in the fridge for a nice cooling sensation on application.

Definitely treat your skin to a drink of this ladies!




1 comment:

  1. Great review.
    I personally didn't really like Skindrink (but then, my skin's quite oily) but I generally luuuurve Lush stuff :)
    xx

    beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete