Monday, 7 March 2011

Yum Yum Bubblegum

Another item from my Lush splurge last weekend which I only got around to trying out yesterday.  My lips have been looking a bit flakey and lacklustre recently so I thought I would give Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub a try.

A 25g pot of this neon pink sugary delight costs £4.75 which to be honest, I would pay for the smell of this product alone!  The moment I took the lid off, I wanted to grab a spoon and dig in. 

The main ingredient is caster sugar which gives it the rough texture you need to act as the exfoliator on your lips which will work to remove all of the dead skins cells from your lips. The other main ingredient included is Jojoba Oil can be used on all skin types but is especially used as a moisturising ingredient for dry, flaky skin.

As this lip scrub is quite thick in consistency and because it is to be used on your lips you don't actually need to be using too much at a time. You rub it in in small circles to remove all of the dead skin cells and any other impurities from your lips.  

At this point it turned into an "eating a doughnut without licking your lips" type scenario,  the smell of this lip scrub is heaven and just takes you back to the days of buying Hubba Bubbas from the corner shop!
Once you have worked your way across your lips (and managed not to lick it all off), using some slightly damp cotton wool, you gently remove the left over product.

After using this product my lips felt soft and smooth all the way along, what I noticed was no sign of any hard or loose skin but soft smooth lips which had a zinging sensation and I think gave me a slight Angelina Jolie pout (Hi Brad)!

I love this little wonder product and it will definitely be added into my weekly skincare regime, a single girl must make sure she has kissable lips at all times after all!

2 comments:

  1. Great review - I wanna get this lip scrub now :P Never tried one from Lush but will do now.
    xx

    beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete