Monday, 2 March 2015

Miracle Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water

Someone told me last week that my skin looked amazing, I've not had anyone say that to me in such a long time as I suffer from rosacea on my cheeks and chin so was really taken aback.  I had to think carefully about whether I'd changed skincare brands or whether there was something that I had changed in my routine which could have created this amazing transformation, then I realised, since the New Year I have been religiously drinking hot water with fresh lemon.

Obviously I already knew that by drinking lemon water I was increasing my Vitamin C intake but I wanted to research further into the other benefits of including this in my daily ritual and I was actually really surprised with the many reasons people should adopt this practice.

Benefits include:

1.     Providing the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body.

2.     Good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.

3.     Helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid.

4.     The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.



5.     Stimulates the liver to release toxins.

6.     Helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.

7.     Helps regulate natural bowel movement.

8.     Protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.

9.     Aids in proper functioning of the nervous system

10.  Cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.

11.  Can help lower blood pressure

12.  Vitamin C improves the skin by rejuvenating the body

13.  Helps to dilute uric acid, the build up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout

14.  Relieves heartburn

15.  Contains pectin fibre which helps suppress hunger cravings

So there you have it, keeps you healthy, hydrated, kerbs hunger cravings and you'll have amazing skin to boot.


No comments:

Post a Comment