Friday, 6 March 2015

Recipe | Slimming World Falafels

One of my friends is currently on Slimming World, so I always try to cook to suit her plan when she comes over for a visit. It's fun to research and try something different so am more than happy to accommodate someone trying to be healthy.

I tried these Falafels last night and by adding different syn free spices, you can adjust to suit your own tastes but were so easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 small onion
2 garlic gloves
1 400g chickpeas (drained)
1tsp Chilli Powder
1tsp Cumin Powder
1tsp Coriander
1 small egg (beaten)

Take the small onion and two garlic gloves, chop finely and brown off in the pan with one spray of FryLight.

Into a mixing bowl put all the other ingredients plus the onion and garlic and mash with a potato masher.  Some recipes recommend putting into a blender but I prefer my falafel to have a bit more texture.

Separate the mixture into 6, then flatten into patties.  Heat one spray of FryLight in a frying pan and brown on each side for 3 minutes.



I served mine in Thai Sweet Tortilla, with salad, natural yoghurt and chilli sauce (minus the torilla for my Slimming World friend), really was a delicious dish.  You could add chilli powder or mint to the falafel for another combination.


Enjoy my lovelies,

No comments:

Post a Comment