Saturday, 14 March 2015

Review | Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne

Morning all, hope you're having a great weekend so far?

At £40 for 30ml, I wouldn't normally go for Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin cologne but my sister kindly bought it for me for my birthday.  It's always nice to be treated to something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself.


This is Jo Malone's signature fragrance designed to be worn by both men and women.  The base note is amberwood, the heart note is basil and the top note mandarin.

I think this scent will separate users, a bit like Marmite you'll either love it or hate it.  If you like your sweet, floral scents this one definitely isn't for you.

It's a bold, strong scent which will last on the skin, I could still smell it after 8 hours.  As soon as you put it on, you get hit with a zesty freshness balanced with a warm hint of basil.  When the scent develops it becomes gentler but still very citrusy.  It's definitely more of a masculine scent but as a woman I'm more than happy to wear something a little different from the norm and I found it to be invigorating and refreshing.

The price tag is high but you are paying for the quality of the scent and the longevity speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment