Monday, 16 November 2015

Keeping The Faith!

It's been a while since I've written but after the devastating atrocities that occurred on Friday evening I feel like I need to vent my feelings somewhere.

There are so many words to describe how I feel: fear, anger, pity, sadness, frustration and confusion.

Fear for the future and the kind of world I have brought my children in to.

Anger at the despicable cowards that committed these acts (trust me I can think of worse words I'd like to use to describe them!)

Pity for all the family and friends who lost loved ones in these barbaric events.

Sadness for the innocent souls who were just out living their lives dancing, eating, watching a game of football.  Bless each and every one of you.

Frustration that these crazy, suicidal idiots have no concern for human life (not even their own)!

Confusion as to how these lunatics seem to come for normal backgrounds and are turning against the very societies they have been brought up in.  At what point are their brains washed to the point that they are happy to blow themselves up, all in the name of "religion?"

I'm sure many of you have been feeling the same wave of emotions as me and have cried over the stories we have seen in the news coverage.

Then this morning, a friend of mine of Facebook had added this as her cover picture:


Watching the news coverage after seeing this, I found myself having a different take on the outcome from Friday. The one thing those evil cretins have not been able to take away from us is our solidarity, the acts of human kindness between strangers, they are uniting us and making us stronger, not weaker.

They can take lives but they can not take away humanity!

Reste dans les anges de la pai / Rest in peace angels.


No comments:

Post a Comment